Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Why I Keep My Hands to Myself...

Why do I keep my hands to myself on the train? Because people are fuckin nasty. What I saw today was the last straw. So...I'm sitting on a Manhattan bound B train on my way to work, equipped with the iPod in ear, listening to Trey Songz croon about him inventing sex. This guy walks in looking kinda scruffy, gets on the train at Church Avenue. At first I didn't really pay him much attention but his continuous coughing really annoyed me. It wasn't because I was afraid of contracting the H1N1 virus, but he wasn't covering his mouth. Shit like that has always grossed me out. When I was younger, maybe like 10, I watched this documentary that showed how fast germs travel when we sneeze or cough. So I felt he was coughing on me. Anyways.....he kept coughing. Apparently the mucus came up in his mouth because all of a sudden he dipped his head and spat under his seat. At this point I was like...."WTF! Oh no this man didn't just fuckin spit on the train!" (I said it in my head though....lol) I looked around and noticed that I was the only one that had witnessed this crime. I know that there are grosser things that happen in public places but to actually be inches away from such a nasty ass act in really troubling.

The other day,again on the train, this woman had her kid in the stroller and her little bundle of joy was happily sucking away at his bottle when the bottle falls from his hands and onto the floor. Wanna guess what she did??? Well I'll tell you. She picked up the bottle, wiped the nipple off on the sleeve of her short and stuck that sucker right back into her child's mouth. Well I looked at her like she was insane and envisioned myself slapping some sense into her. I must admit that the nasty people that I encounter on the New York City public transportation has slightly turned me into a germaphobe :(

No comments:

Post a Comment