Friday, December 4, 2009

Total praise :)

Just got back from the concert my band was featured in. The main theme was called Total Praise which is a gospel by Richard Smallwood. Although the crowd turnout wasn't so great, the music was still enjoyable. I worked hard with my band organizing and making sure everything was done right on our end. We looked very elegant and we sounded good, although there is much more room for improvement but that's why we continue to practice. Some of the band members are very new to the band and steel pan as well, so they were very nervous. I'm really proud of them though because even though they messed up they continued playing with a smile on their faces. The mistakes weren't that audible nonetheless but I will make sure that they practice a whole lot more to build their self confidence.

I'm not being bias but my steel band was the best for the night. This was not only my opinion but the crowd's as well for when we played our first song we got a standing ovation. I may upload some pictures from our performance on my next blog. We have one more concert to perform at on December 19th. I'm looking forward to this event because it is bigger and over 10 bands are performing.

Just incase no one has ever heard the gospel Total Praise, at the end of this blog there will be a youtube link to a version of the song, sung by Fantasia. At the end of the concert my band played it along with the church choir, it was so moving and powerful that it made me very emotional.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRcCVlQXzKw

No comments:

Post a Comment